There has been a lot of recent press coverage of SMEs ("SME" stands for small and medium-sized enter…
Russell is a member of both Clarion’s corporate recovery and banking teams.
Russell deals with all aspects of corporate and personal insolvency for clients in Leeds, Yorkshire and across the North of England, having a considerable amount of experience and expertise in non-contentious matters. Russell is also acknowledged for his legal work in the invoice discounting, factoring and asset based lending (ABL) market.
His expertise includes acting on a regular basis for factors and discounters who provide funding to assist in management buy outs, business acquisitions and restructuring deals; acting on a number of administrations for insolvency practitioners who have been appointed by ABLs in disposals and recovery of monies due to ABLs; conducting new business contract reviews for ABLs; carrying out security reviews for lenders; and dealing with all aspects of corporate lending and recovery for banks and ABLs.
Russell acts for ABLs, banks, insolvency practitioners, UK corporates and private individuals on new lend/business, variations to existing facilities, enforcement of security together with security reviews, and bad book/insolvency situations.
“Clarion’s Corporate Recovery and Insolvency team’s reputation for expertise and service speaks for itself. I believe the firm has one of the strongest banking and finance teams in the region and my experience will be of benefit to clients, adding to the depth of the team.”
“I joined Clarion as it is able to offer a full range of services to clients including property, employment, tax and other corporate advice.”
- Experience includes working in Saudi Arabia and London (including for a “Magic Circle” law firm) in a variety of roles for over 10 years before returning to Leeds in 2000
- December 2000- Joined Hammonds (now Squires Saunders)
- November 2002 - Joined niche corporate Leeds law firm JB Law Limited specialising in ABL and banking (non-contentious), corporate finance transactional business and corporate recovery/insolvency
- October 2010 - Joined Cobbetts LLP as a Legal Assistant following the merger with JB Law Limited
- May 2013 - Joined Clarion as a Legal Assistant
- June 2018 - Promoted to Senior Associate
For the avoidance of doubt, nothing on this page should be construed as implying that Russell Stevens is qualified or recognised by law as qualified to act as a solicitor.