We are once again proud sponsors of the prestigious North Yorkshire Dalesman Awards.
The annual Dalesman awards are a wonderful celebration of individuals and businesses in rural Yorkshire. Well done to all the winners at this years event:
- The inspirational four working mums who set a world record when they rowed across the Atlantic have been jointly named Yorkshire Woman of the Year 2016.
- The Lifetime Achievement Award, renamed this year in honour of former Dalesman editor W R Mitchell, was won by long-standing Great Yorkshire Show secretary Bill Cowling.
- The Food and Drink Producer of the Year, sponsored by Keelham Farm Shop, was named as Ian Taylor Free Range Eggs of Burton Leonard.
- Young Achiever of the Year, an award sponsored by Yorkshire Bank, is Sam Moorhouse, who became the UK’s first manufacturer of Skyr yoghurt aged just twenty-two.
- The Rural Tourism Award, sponsored by Yorkshire Cottages, was presented to Yorkshire Trike Tours.
- Metcalfe Farms, of Leyburn, won the Entrepreneur of the Year Award, sponsored by Clarion.
It was a wonderful day that we are very proud to be part of.