The 2018 Insider Yorkshire Dealmakers Awards are being held tonight at New Dock Hall in Leeds and Clarion will be attending in full force thanks to the success of our Corporate Team who are nominated for six different awards.
Clarion is up for Corporate Law Firm of the Year, the Community Award and one of our Associates, Sarah Harrison, is nominated for Emerging Dealmaker of the Year having been lead advisor on ten completed deals over the course of the year. We’re also nominated, alongside our partners, for Deal of the Year (below £5 million) and Deal of the Year twice (between £5 million and £25 million).
These nominations reflect what a great year its been for Clarion, and the Corporate Team in particular. Clarion was the most active corporate law firm in the region for the first 6 months of 2018 with an incredible 15 publishable deals. And in the period from 30 September 2017 to 24 August 2018 – which is the timeframe applicable to the Awards, the team completed an impressive 37 deals.
Some of these 37 deals include:
- Iportalis (nominated for Deal of the Year, below £5 million, at the awards) - Investment by NorthEdge Capital into iPortalis, a cloud services specialist, providing it with a multi-million pound growth capital investment to support its global expansion.
- Northern Escalators (nominated for deal of the year, between £5 - £25 million, at the awards) – Advising Northern Escalator Installations, on their £6.4m investment from BGF to support its expansion in the UK and Europe.
- Walkers Transport (nominated for Deal of the Year, between £5 - £25 million, at the awards) – Acting on the management buy-out of the George Walker Transport Group funded by Total Capital Partners.
- We Are Vista - Sale of award-winning marketing agency, We Are Vista, to ICF Group (a US NASDAQ listed business).
- Acumen Waste Services - Management buy-out of Acumen Waste Services Limited, a leading provider of industrial site services and waste management solutions.
- Sweet Squared – Acting for Sweet Squared, the distributor, marketer and educator of premium professional beauty products, on the acquisition of ICON Consultancy.
- Project Yorkshire – Acting for Looking4Parking.com, the online consolidator and price comparison business, which was acquired by Manchester Airport Group.
- Home marketing Group – Acting for Home Marketing Group in relation to the acquisition of Fusion Learning, Mercury healthcare, First10 Digital.
- Whichbingo.com – Acting for Whichbingo , an online bingo comparison site, on its sale to XL Media Plc.