With Taylor's 'wealth of retail related safety experience, clients have considered her to be at the 'top of her game' in relation to the retail and food sector.Legal 500, Yorkshire, 2019
Regulators have maintained a focus on the way in which businesses engage with consumers when promoting their products and services. Consumer protection laws are subject to regular enforcement. Particularly prominent – and widely reported – have been local authority test purchase exercises in relation to age restricted products such as knives. We have a great deal of experience of advising businesses on these and other aspects of trading law, including pricing, promotions, product safety and matters relating to withdrawal and recall.
Team members are recognised by the legal directories for their expertise in advising the retail and food and drink sectors.
- Representing a retailer in prosecutions for sale of underage products to minors
- Defending a retailer prosecuted for consumer protection breaches
- Acting for a leading supermarket in relation to health and safety prosecutions
- Appearing for retailers at Coroner’s Inquests following the work-related deaths of employees and members of the public
- Advising retailers in the aftermath of accidents in-store/in distribution
- Defending a food retailer prosecuted for fire safety contraventions
- Acting in relation to a CMA investigation into pricing and promotional practices in the supermarket sector
- Advising on investigations by the ASA into potential breaches of the CAP/BCAP Codes
- Supporting decision making around product withdrawal and recall
- Advising on the sufficiency of due diligence systems