With Taylor's 'wealth of retail related safety experience, clients have considered her to be at the 'top of her game' in relation to the retail and food sector.Legal 500, Yorkshire, 2019
Food businesses face a range of obligations to ensure that food is safe, properly labelled and packaged, and food premises hygienic. Conviction for breaches of these obligations is now a matter for the definitive Sentencing Guideline – the result of which has been dramatically to increase fines.
We have extensive experience of advising businesses in the food and drink sector, both in terms of defending prosecutions and in support of the launching of new products to the UK and EU markets.
We also advise on the sufficiency of systems and procedures from a due diligence perspective – helping you to put in place arrangements that reduce the risk of enforcement challenge.
- Representing a retailer prosecuted for sale of unsafe food
- Acting for a supermarket charged with food hygiene offences
- Appearing for a retailer prosecuted for sale of food after expiry of use by dates
- Defending a retailer prosecuted for pest control failings
- Advising a drinks company on labelling and secondary packaging
- Providing legal input on food and drink advertising campaigns
- Responding to ASA investigations into potential contraventions of the CAP Codes
- Advising on nutrition and health claim requirements
- Supporting decision making on withdrawal and recall
- Acting in a CMA investigation into pricing and promotional practices following a WHICH? super-complaint