A law firm which offers more

Call us: 0113 246 0622

Travelling with a child with a different surname? Important information you should know


Schools are getting ready to close for the summer break. Travelling with children can be tricky at the best of times but for those parents who are travelling with a child with a different surname, it can be even more complicated.

It is becoming more common for people have a different surname to their child. This could be as a result of a divorce and remarriage and of course there are increasing numbers of unmarried couples who have children.

If you are going to be travelling with a child with a different surname you should make sure that before you travel abroad you have the right documents to avoid stress, upset and even missed flights.

To ensure that your holiday goes smoothly, the airport officials need to be satisfied with your relationship with your child so the documents you may need are:

This extra effort in preparing the paperwork before travelling abroad with a child with a different surname will hopefully minimise any stress and ensure that you all enjoy your holiday.

If you have any questions about this blog, please contact the Family Team for more information.

Disclaimer: Anything posted on this blog is for general information only and is not intended to provide legal advice on any general or specific matter. Please refer to our terms and conditions for further information. Please contact the author of the blog if you would like to discuss the issues raised.