As I was doing some research, I dropped upon the Office of National Statistics' website and came across their publication ‘9 Facts about Marriage’ which I thought I would share as it makes interesting, and surprising, reading.
These are the 9 facts:
1. In 2012 there was one marriage every two minutes;
2. 262,240 marriages took place in 2012 compared with 249,133 in 2011. This is an increase of 5.3%;
3. 70% of all marriages were conducted in civil rather than religious ceremonies;
4. 156,480 marriages – being 60% of all marriages - took place in historic buildings, stately homes, hotels and other approved buildings;
5. 174,040 marriages - being nearly 66% of all marriages - was the first marriage for both spouses;
6. 38,320 marriages - being 15% - was not the first marriage for both spouses;
7. The age group 25 to 29 is the most popular age to marry in;
8. The age group 65 to 69 is the fastest growing age to marry in; and
9. The average age to marry in is 36 years for men and 34 years for women.
It makes a nice change to post about marriage rather than divorce!
If you would like to contact me directly, please feel free to do so: firstname.lastname@example.org (0113 336 3323)
Disclaimer: Anything posted on this blog is for general information only and is not intended to provide legal advice on any general or specific matter. Please refer to our terms and conditions for further information. Please contact the author of the blog if you would like to discuss the issues raised.